Monday, October 1, 2012

What I don't watch: Figure Skating and Presidential Debates

I talked about this earlier but it bears repeating.  I find watching people gliding gracefully across the ice too stressful. Because, it's only a matter of time that one of the skaters wearing a broad smile and with hands lifted gently in the air will slip and stumble and very ungracefully slide uncontrollably into the rink wall.  The skater will quickly get up, put that big grin on and keep going.

But the damage has been done and we all feel bad for what just happened.

I hate it. HATE IT.

The same with presidential debates.  The two that I remember watching was the debate between Ford and Carter and later Mondale and Reagan.  The Reagan debates were the last one I ever watched.  I just couldn't take it anymore.

During the Ford/Carter debate President Ford made the blunder of stating that Eastern Europe was free. They were far, far from it.  It was such a boner!  Most consider this misstep to have cost him the election.  What was amazing was how he said it with such force and with a straight face!

The other debate was when President Reagan lost his train of thought.  I mean, it was unbelievably embarrassing.  I was sweating bullets for the man.  Luckily for him, he made up for it in spades during the next debate.

So here for you to watch are those moments in Presidential history.


Reagans horrible moment starts at the 1:06 point.





No comments:

Post a Comment