Monday, November 5, 2012

California grandma claims $23M lotto prize just in time

This is a story not about me.  I would never be so lucky!
Cervera asked her daughter to buy her a lottery ticket and dug in her purse trying to find a dollar. Marquez protested but eventually used her own money to purchase a Super Lotto Plus ticket for her mom.

"I put it in my new car. It's an old car but it's new to me. It's been there for five months," Cervera said Friday at a news conference with her three adult children and half a dozen grandchildren lined up behind her. "I've got like 200 tickets laying around my house. I never check my tickets."

But when she finally looked in the glove compartment, the winning ticket was right where she left it. It was set to expire Nov. 26, so the California Lottery went looking for the winner.

Officials found the surveillance video from Michael's Market and Liquor and released the photo, which Cervera's other daughter spotted in the Antelope Valley Press.
I don't know about you, but the use of the surveillance is a little creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment