Thursday, December 20, 2012

Marine vet of Iraq war guards California school

Arm the teachers.  Arm the principle.  All I can pitcure is the Sandy Hook priciple lunging at the armed killer with nothing but her hands.  It absolutely breaks my heart.
The veteran Marine arrived at the K-3 school a little before 7:30 am, Fong said, and asked permission to stand guard. He stood in front of the flag pole until 2:30 p.m., she said, without taking any breaks.

Sgt. Pusley is a father of a three-year-old and his wife is expecting another child. He told the Modesto Bee (http://bit.ly/R5NnRI) that he decided to take action after reading a Facebook post urging soldiers to be posted at every school in the wake of last week's tragic shooting in Connecticut.

"When I enlisted, I swore to defend this country from all enemies, foreign and domestic," Sgt. Pusley said. "I just want to be sure all these kids go home safe for Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment