Thursday, September 5, 2013

Siskiyou, California County, Votes To Secede From State

A while back when the idea surfaced, I thought it was pretty dumb.  But lately, I've changed my mind.  I think counties seceding from CA is a great idea.

From the Huffington Post:
Citing overregulation and a perceived lack of representation at the state capitol, the Board of Supervisors voted 4-1 in favor of a declaration of secession, the Record Searchlight of Redding reported.

"I haven't had one contact in regard to this issue that's in opposition," Supervisor Michael Kobseff told the San Francisco Chronicle about the secession declaration.

According to the Record Searchlight, more than 100 people attended the meeting to show support for the move. The county reportedly urged other Northern California and Southern Oregon counties to join in the attempt to create a new state.

No comments:

Post a Comment