Friday, October 11, 2013

California Can No Longer Coast

Article from Fox&Hounds:

The point: America really has become two warring camps, worse even than Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards. And Brown’s California is leading only one of them.

We know all this, of course. But what we tend to overlook is that two distinct political cultures have formed. And are firming up. While Brown signs legislation giving illegal immigrants the right to have a drivers license, 34 states have passed voter I.D. laws of some kind, many of them this year. While California is moving to make gun ownership even stricter, voters in Colorado last month bounced out two state senators in recall elections because they had voted to ban magazines that hold more than 15 rounds. Just last week, the Wisconsin attorney general put out a press release touting the fact that his office had issued its 200,000th permit in the two years since that state passed its concealed-carry law; he bragged about how his office can process more than 1,000 concealed-carry applications a week, no problem.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Johnny. I saw a while back ago you thanked chartscrambler for his compliments of your blog, all while that selfish unemployed british doomer had no idea what you were talking about.

    Maybe your comments are moderated and you don't check them often - I have no idea - but I actually left a genuine comment of thanks for your cool blog a while ago (under your post about the real story of Thanksgiving). This is GP - the guy that recently got banned from FAMS nazi blog for no reason. Wish you well my bro. You do a good job in 'The Realm'. I do a poor job, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey GP! That was a big fat MISTAKE! I apologize for that. I was just moving too fast.

    I'm not sure what happened. But I guess they have a hypersensitivity to any criticism since Daneric seems to run wild with over-the-top name calling, etc.

    Back before the Internet I would get into online debates where I would be physically threatened. So, I'm probably a little more immune to it than others.

    Thanks for reading my blog!!!

    I'm still taxiing my daughter to and from school so I don't get much chance to post. Hopefully, early next week that will change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No prob man. You highlight cool stuff so I check in now and then. I get into dumb fights on the Internet and sometimes behave poorly. I need to shape up. Take care!

    ReplyDelete