Saturday, October 5, 2013

California’s New Feudalism Benefits a Few at the Expense of the Multitude

I'm back to having to take my daughter to school again.  My wife volunteers at a school near us that requires her to be there around 8am. So, posting will be light to not at all.

Of course, if I stumble on a really great article, I'll post it.  Like this one.  And it's at the Daily Beast, which is the last place I would have expected an article like this.


Like medieval serfs, increasing numbers of Californians are downwardly mobile, and doing worse than their parents: native born Latinos actually have shorter lifespans than their parents, according to one recent report. Nor are things expected to get better any time soon. According to a recent Hoover Institution survey, most Californians expect their incomes to stagnate in the coming six months, a sense widely shared among the young, whites, Latinos, females, and the less educated.
And those serfs are trying to get out as fast as they can.  Just read my post on the U-Haul Index I've set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment