Monday, February 17, 2014

Exene Cervenka of L.A. Punk Band X Moving to Texas Because California Has Become "A Liberal Oppressive Police State and Regulations and Taxes and Fees"

This I thought was the most telling of all of the articles before it.  A punk rocker is calling it quits in LA and selling and moving her belongings:

Now when I think about California, I think of a liberal oppressive police state and regulations and taxes and fees. I'd rather go someplace and have my own little place out on the edge of town. I'm a country girl at heart. It makes me happy when I see people in Texas open-carrying. It makes me feel safe. I'm not even a gun owner, but I'd like to see a gun rack in every pickup truck, like my boyfriend had when I was fifteen years old in Florida. An armed society is a polite society."

She cracks a smile. "Now Jerry Brown's governor again. He's done some great things, like balancing the budget and libraries are open on Sundays. But things are getting to the point in this country where people are going to have to fight to survive and fight for their rights."

What an amazingly insightful last sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment