Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Joe Mathews: Recruited by a Texas community

Talk about a low-energy sell.  And it works!

My Texas trip showed me how absurd it is to compare two giant states that contain so many different places and regions. California isn’t competing with Texas so much as our communities are competing with their very best communities. Yes, California is artistically and technologically innovative. So is Austin. Los Angeles is among the most diverse cities in the world; Houston, by some measures, is even more diverse. Many California communities will say they put children first, but look at what Frisco does for its kids.

After three hours, my recruiters wanted to show me even more of Frisco, but I had another appointment to keep. I don’t think I’m moving to north Dallas. It’s not my home. But it’s easy to see how it could be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment