Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Windows 10 on the Surface Pro 3 - The Refinement continues

OK. So, I've had this Surface Pro 3 since about this time (I think) when I was in Seoul, South Korea.

And I've come to like it even more.  Windows 10 appears to me to be a further refinement of the tablet/computer interface.  To be honest, I wasn't completely sold on the tablet angle.  I had problems getting access to some icons - mainly in the systray.  I'm not sure they have solved all of that, but they seem to be getting closer.

They are making more of a distinction between "tablet" mode and non-tablet mode.  When you swipe from the right side there is, among other things, a button that allows tablet mode.  The windows are full screen.

They've also refined swiping from the left side.  You get all of the open windows displayed in miniature and you can pick one.  I like this a LOT.  It's a feature I missed when I had the MacBook Air.

I still have occasional problems with wifi signals not showing up sometimes.  But now it's just an annoyance more than anything.

And I still don't like the two button mouse pad.  I only need one button.  I keep clicking in the middle which sometimes mean I click the left button and sometimes the right.  That annoys the crap out of me.

So, so far, I've been very happy with it.  In fact, my wife was so impressed I got her one for her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment