Sunday, October 25, 2015

McDonald's move to cage-free eggs is a tipping point for the industry

If I were you, I would sell my McDonalds stock. I refuse to own a stock in such an immoral company. If you truly are for protecting the environment you would agree with me.

Article in the LA Times.

"The McDonald's announcement really settles the debate as to whether there will be a future for cage confinement in the egg industry — the answer is no, there won't be," said Paul Shapiro, vice president of farm animal protection for the Humane Society of the U.S. "How quickly that will happen is now the real question."

This is the same company that stopped using Styrofoam for food packaging and instead started using paper.  One has to imagine the billions and billions of hamburgers that are sold and wrapped with paper derived from square miles of trees cut down just to keep a fucking burger warm.

I find this immoral.

This all reminds me of when Whole Foods caved to PETA and started collaborating with them directly.  Such unions will end in disaster.  PETA's goal is that NO animal should be eaten.  Since Whole Foods sells meat, how the hell is it in their best interest to partner with a foe?

So I sold my stock in Whole Foods Market and never looked back.

I haven't owned McDonald's stock in years.  And now there is no way in hell I would ever own any now.  The have drunk the Koolaid.  But they can't force me to drink it.




No comments:

Post a Comment