Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Yet another reason I bought the Surface Pro 3: Keyboard spills.

In my cursory review I mentioned that the detachable keyboard was nice since it meant the CPU and other important electronics weren't under the keyboard.  Several years ago I fried my MBA when I spilled coffee on it once (which is an incredible side story if anyone is interested in reading it - just leave a comment).

I knew it was only a matter of time before I did the same to the SP3.  And sure enough that's exactly what happened.  I panicked for a brief second, then immediately detached the keyboard.  Once this was done, I knew I could methodically start wiping the screen of the SP3 and wipe off the keyboard and bang it against the table to get the coffee out from between and beneath the keys. Now I just wait for it to dry.

Here's photo of the mess before I cleaned up the SP3 but after I cleaned up the keyboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment