Sunday, February 28, 2016

Uncovering Covered California

This isn't a nightmare.  It's waterboarding.

Early February 2016: I receive my premium bill which is now seven times higher than my monthly premium instead of the three times it should be (to cover November ’15, December ’15, and February ’16). I call to find out what’s going on. I’m told they accidentally generated two accounts for my policy and applied the ’16 payments to the wrong account. My payment made on December 15th is returned to me on January 31st. I now owe for four months of coverage. I am unable to pay online or via telephone because their computer system was tied to the wrong account. I’m told I will have to pay for four months via cash or check in order to maintain my good standing. I do not have this amount of money on hand in cash as the previous payment was returned to the credit card.


No comments:

Post a Comment