Thursday, November 17, 2016

California Shoppers Upset Over Statewide Grocery Bag Ban

I agree.  What a rip off.

Prop. 67 went into effect immediately after being approved by 52 percent of statewide voters on Nov. 8.

“Because they are just ripoff. I don’t want to pay for a plastic bag,” one man declared.

“Ten cents a little too much for me,” another man said.

Some stores are charging 10 cents for a paper bag, 15 cents for a reusable plastic bag.

Shoppers shared their two cents. “Bags should be free. I recycled them. Why should we have to pay for it?” a third man said.

A grocery store employee, who asked to stay anonymous, said shoppers were taking their anger out on her. “It involves lot of cussing. They’re not taking it very well,” she added.

I think I covered this in the past.  The grocery stores LOVE the plastic bag ban.  They make money charging you for these bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment